Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Masculine Christmas Tag

Here's another Mixed Media* Christmas Tag for 


* For this event, Mixed Media is defined as stamps + ink, plus two other elements which add texture and/or dimension.


I stamped my French Script stamp on Very Vanilla with Sahara Sand ink
and sponged lightly with some more Sahara Sand.

The forest was stamped with Always Artichoke 
with a little stamp from Inkadinkado.

Then I die cut the design with an Anytime Stitched Tag Die.

The background was made by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake 1/4" larger than the tag.
I slipped the top of the rectangle behind a circle die and cut the arc for the top.
(LOL, Don't ask me to demonstrate this. I'm not sure I could ever do it again.)

The little deer was cut from a piece of backed burlap that Loll gifted me with.
Thank you, Loll!
The die is a NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) from Sizzix.

A piece of jute ties it all off.

So I stamped, sponged, die cut/embossed and used burlap and jute for texture.

Hope you'll be inspired to make a tag and join in Loll's challenge.

There's a lot of inspiration from Loll, her Guests Designers
and the participants.
What a wonderful gallery.
So much inspiration!

So glad you stopped by.

Enjoy!
     **********
Tag Recipe
Stamps:  French Script, Trees (Indadinkado)
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Other:  Anytime Stitched Tags (Lil' Inker), Circle Framelits, Mini Reindeer Movers and Shapers Die (Sizzix), Jute (Michaels)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted



29 comments:

Hettie said...

This is delightful Bonnie. I love the tag shape and the burlap Bambi is just perfect. Thanks for the inspiration...I have burlap!
Hugs
xx

KimCreate said...

Very nice tag! The burlap reindeer is super cute!

Betty said...

wonderful tag, Bonnie - love the deer made of burlap

LeAnne said...

I have enjoyed all your tags, Bonnie, but this one really appealed to me with that burlap deer! LOVE IT!

Benzi said...

Oh this is so pretty, Bonnie. I loved that you rounded the tag. The burlap deer from Loll is awesome. And, the trees completed this beautiful scene in a wonderful way.

jimlynn said...

I'm not even going to ask you to explain more about how you cut that die (LOL) but will say whatever you did, it's beautiful. The shape of the tag really caught my eye! So lovely.
Lynn

Loll said...

LOVE this tag Bonnie!! Great layering of script (my favorourite!) and trees to create a beautiful background. The burlap deer is awesome ... so much texture - love it! I just got my set of stitched tag dies in the mail yesterday ... can't wait to play!! Thanks for playing again in my Christmas tag event. Loll xx

Marisa said...

That burlap deer is FABULOUS!! Gorgeous tag!

Susan said...

Love this tag, Bonnie! Brilliant idea to cut the reindeer from burlap. I just bought some burlap (already glued to cs) on the weekend so will be CASEing this for a masculine Christmas card! Love the layered text and trees background too.

Sue - said...

I love this tag Bonnie especially the burlap deer. It goes great with the background.

Linda said...

I love this Bonnie ..... the background is fab and the deer cut from burlap looks amazing! xx

Brenda said...

I love this tag Bonnie! Your shape is fabulous and I think I understood how you did it, I think. lol Love your sweet deer out of the burlap and love your background using the script stamp and the trees. This is one fabulous tag!! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

I'm impressed, Bonnie. A deer die cut from burlap? What a great idea. And the background is perfect for him.

Karren said...

I just want to reach out and touch that gorgeous burlap deer :) Gorgeous tag, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

So beautiful and creative Bonnie. I LOVE all your natural elements...colors, amazing burlap deer, hemp. Your beautiful bg scene and shape of your stitched die cut tag are wonderful too. TFS my friend.

Julia Aston said...

I just love your arch shaped tag Bonnie and that lovely burlap deer!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie!! I so love your layered script and the gorgeous burlap deer!!!

Sandy said...

Love your tag and your deer is fangDANGtastic!
Sandy xx

JoAnn said...

Great tag Bonnie. Love the burlap deer die-cut and the great background on your tag.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tag, Bonnie! I love the burlap deer and BG you created! Sue N

Mrs A. said...

What a very cute burlap reindeer.
hugs mrs A.

laurie said...

I love your rustic looking deer tag!The burlap was a fun idea,too!

Linda said...

It is beautiful!

Deepti said...

Oh my !! this is jaw dropping beautiful :) burlap deer is such a neat idea :) I am in awe !

MaryH said...

Oh My! This definitely has texture & I am so loving your burlap deer. This Lil Inker die is one on my wish list, which will move up in priority after seeing what you've done with it here. Love the script background...Terrific tag. Hope the wkend finds you feeling much better. Got cold here last night, and cold today, but very pretty sunshine. I guess the weather description would be: Crisp! TFS & Big Hugs

Darnell said...

How awesome to cut your deer out of the burlap, Bonnie! What a lovely textural effect that gives your beautiful tag! It's been amazing watching all you gifted mixed media artists fill up the tag gallery at Loll's!! Hugs, Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful tag Bonnie! Love the burlap deer!

Greta said...

Wowzer--this is just fabulous, Bonnie! Love it!

Kim S said...

How elegant with the burlap!