Saturday, September 16, 2017

Budding Branches for CAS Watercolour Reminder

The month is half over already.

Seems like the months whoosh by!

For my watercolor I used Brusho crystals sprinkled on a Gelli plate 
and spritzed with water.  I smooshed a piece of mixed media paper on the plate.

I think the Gelli plate gives softer look to the Brusho background.

I'm always amazed how using the same products in a different way
can yield such varied results!

  The leaves on this stamp are open
but since this is a silhouette challenge, I colored them in with a black marker.

We're going strong at 

Our talented Design Team has some more to inspire you and our 
Guest Designer, Birgit, always inspires.

And there's even more inspiration in the gallery.

The challenge is open until the 24th.

Hope you'll join us.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Budding Branches (TJ), Thinking of You (Alt.)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, VersaMark, Basic Black Marker (SU)
Paper:   Naturals White, Basic Black (SU), Mixed Media (S)
Other:  Brushos (green & yellow ?), Gelli Plate (Gel Press), White EP (SU)


20 comments:

nancy littrell said...

I would never have guessed you used Brushos for your background. Such a smoother softer more blended look with your Gelli plate technique. Love your added silhouette die cut leaves and black accents. TFS Bonnie. Hugs..

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so lovely, Bonnie! I've never used Brusho crystals or a Gelli plate, but looking at this unique result (the colors are soft and yet powerful), I want to get and try them. :-) Thank you for the inspiration! Hideko

JoAnn said...

So pretty. I too have never used Brusho crystals or a Gelli plate but I love the way you used them for that pretty background. Great touch coloring in the leaves to make it a silhouette style.

JosieD said...

Striking card...so simple and elegant and serene. Clever to color in the leaves to make silouette look. Gotta go find out what gelli plate is all about 'cause like the softer look with the brushos.

BożenA said...

What a beautiful background for the silhouettes of young trees. I love how colors work with water and that they leave white spots. It looks so beautiful!
Hugs,
BozenA

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, this is so clean and crisp! Love the spring colors accented with black! The black label looks fabulous on this! Beautiful card.

Mac Mable said...

Yes it is interesting to see how the same products work on different mediums etc and for the most part catch me out! Not so withe your delicate and pretty card. Soft and gentle background and the most delicate of silhouette die cut so cleverly coloured in x

Bobby said...

I love the lacy look of that tree, Bonnie. The watercolor looks like a blurred background of bushes and sun behind them.

Susan said...

I'll have to try brushos on a Gelli plate as I love the results you got. Beautiful simple silhouette leaves let the brushos stand out!

Doris said...

What a soft and pretty background, Bonnie. I'm inspired to get out my Gelli plate and actually use it!

Marcia Hill said...

This is so pretty Bonnie! What is a gelli plate? I love the way your background with the brusho's and the gelli plate turned out...is it similar to a craft mat? Beautiful, beautiful card! :0)

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Bonnie, I must try my Brushos on the gelli plate, love your colour combo and a neat idea to colour in the leaves.

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is stunning - love the soft background - I must remember that technique!
Blessings
Maxine

Christine Alexander said...

Great idea using your geli plate, I love the soft colours. I also love the hintof summer as we head into fall :)

Sue - said...

Super card Bonnie, the black leaves really stand out against the green yellow background.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a beautiful background with Brushos. So clever to color in the leaves to make them silhouettes. Such a pretty card, Bonnie. I like your new picture too.

Loll said...

Your brushos background is so pretty with the black silhouette tree. Very clever to colour in the leaves to stretch the use of your stamps. xx

Julia Aston said...

So pretty with the blue/green watercolor background!

Daria said...

This is lovely! Thank you for the tip about using Brushos on a Gelli Plate. I never considered that possibility.

Pat said...

Gorgeous Brusho colours Bonnie and I have a gelli plate so must try using this with them to create a background, and what a great idea to colour in the branches with a black marker to make a silhouette. x